Buying a pre-owned vehicle can be a nightmare, but it does not have to be. One of the best ways to protect yourself when buying a pre-owned vehicle is to have an independent auto repair and maintenance specialist examine the vehicle. Factory trained technicians will be more likely to spot potential money pits because they are aware of common problems and how to detect those issues. To properly inspect a vehicle, it must be lifted into the air so that the technician can see areas that are often hidden from notice. A visual look at a vehicle is not good enough…even by a pro!
At Holland Car Care, each of our technicians have a minimum of 20 years experience in the auto repair field, and our shop specializes on BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, MINI, Audi, and Volvo vehicles. If you are considering buying any one of these vehicles pre-owned, call us to schedule a Buyer’s Inspection. We have been assisting car buyers for over 30 years. Our pre-purchase inspection involves lifting the car up on the rack so that we can see what is going on. We then perform a variety of checks which include the following:
- Checking the remaining brake life percentages
- Tire Wear
- Suspension Wear including the ball joints, control arm bushings, sway bar end links
- Steering Linkage Wear including tie rod ends, center link, idler arm bushings
- Oil Leaks
- Coolant Leaks in water pumps, radiators, thermostats, and hoses
- System Faults
- Drive Belt Condition
- Charging System and Battery Evaluation
- Looking for Upcoming Services which may be due
- Checking Technical Service Bulletins pertaining to that specific year and model vehicle
To spot the problems which could cost you thousands of dollars later, call Holland Car Care to make an appointment for a Buyer’s Vehicle Inspection.